In 1947, the Seventh District Carnival Club, originally formed in 1924, returned to parading after a hiatus during World War II. The club changed its name to the Krewe of Carrollton and also changed its Mardi Gras parade route to include Carrollton Avenue, ending with a review stand at Palmer Park. The 1947 theme was a “Fantasy of Fairytales.” That same year the Krewe also held an Easter parade, culminating in an Easter egg hunt in Palmer Park for local White children and orphans from throughout the city. Members of the Krewe dressed up as Easter bunnies and hid the eggs throughout the park. The Krewe is now one of the oldest existing Mardi Gras parade organizations.
In 1979, the Spontaneous Krewe of Platefaces made their debut at Palmer Park. The organization was founded by John Smith, a New Orleans resident that decided to form a Krewe that anyone could afford to join; the only requirement was a paper plate with holes cut for the eyes and mouth. The Krewe assembled at Palmer Park and then boarded the streetcar to toss out handmade doubloons to passersby. The Krewe has continued to participate in Mardi Gras festivities, even having an annual ball at Joey K's Restaurant on Magazine Street.