New Doris Hall
Stop 8 of 11 in the Newcomb College Broadway Campus tour
New Doris Hall was built, along with Butler and Johnston Hall, after 1954 to accommodate the explosion of applicants to Newcomb. Of the three women's residency halls, only Butler still stands today, though it is now a co-ed honors dorm.
New Doris was demolished in 2006 to make way for the new dorm, Weatherhead Hall, named after Newcomb graduate, Celia Weatherhead and her husband, Albert J. Weatherhead.
To continue the walking tour, please proceed to where Old Doris Hall used to stand, at the section of Weatherhead (campus building number 59) closest to Butler Hall (campus building number 52).