The Langles Bridge is located near the south side of the Timken Center, formerly known as the Casino building. This original stone bridge is dedicated to Miss Angele M. Langles; her estate appropriated $650 for City Park.
Angele and her mother were lost when the French steamer La Bourgogne sank on July 4, 1898, after colliding with the British ship Cromarty Shire off Cape Sable Island (near Nova Scotia).
According to Sally and William Reeves' book, History of City Park New Orleans, Langles Bridge has become one of City Park's most commonly photographed subjects. It is one of three old stone bridges in the park built around 1902.
Before crossing the bridge notice the abandoned pigeon house. This island is also home to the yearly fishing rodeo.