The Lindbergh/Williams Hangar


This file appears in: The Buildings of Shushan Airport
The Lindbergh/Williams Hangar

This art deco hangar had a wind tee and beacon on the roof and it contained machine shops, locker rooms, offices, and living quarters. The hangar was originally named after famed aviator Charles Lindbergh, who in 1938 was criticized for his association with Adolph Hitler. As a result, the Orleans Levee Board changed the name of the hangar to honor Harry Williams of the Patterson-based Wedell-Williams Air Service.

Abe L. Shushan Collection, Earl K. Long Library


This file appears in: The Buildings of Shushan Airport