O-K Rail Line, Kenner to New Orleans

The Orleans-Kenner Traction Company connected downtown New Orleans to Kenner from 1915 to 1930. The only interurban rail line in New Orleans, it helped to spur residential development in rural East Jefferson Parish.

O-K Line: S. Rampart Station & Overview

The headquarters and downtown station of the Orleans-Kenner Electric Railway were located at 127 South Rampart Street between Canal Street and Tulane Avenue. Better known as the "O-K Line," it was New Orleans' only interurban rail…

O-K Line: Railroad Collision at Southport, 1926

On the evening of November 18, 1926, a railcar of the Orleans-Kenner Traction Co. (popularly called the "O-K Line") was traveling through Southport when it was hit by the rear end of a Louisiana Railway & Navigation Co. train. An L. R.…

O-K Line: Harahan Barn & Ferry Crossing

About midway through Jefferson Parish, the Orleans-Kenner interurban (or O-K Line) passed through the village of Harahan. The company's car barn and power station were located here as well as one of its busiest stops. "Harahan City,"…

O-K Line: Kenner Depot & Felix Park

The town of Kenner was the western (or upper) terminus of the Orleans-Kenner interurban line from 1915 until service was discontinued in 1930. During this time, the company also operated a "trolley park" along the line called Felix Park. …