In 1924, Oak street merchants formed the Seventh District Carnival Club, which became the Krewe of Carrollton. J.W. Fordyce reigned as the first king of Carrollton's carnival organization. The krewe’s original parade route was around the Carrollton neighborhood, centering upon the Maple and Oak Street commercial districts. Until 1948, they paraded on Mardi Gras Day.
The frames of Carrollton’s original floats were built on garbage wagons bought from the city of New Orleans. The krewe’s original den was on Oak Street, where it remains today. The Krewe of Carrollton is now the 4th oldest parading Carnival organization in New Orleans.