According to Al Kleindienst, after a fire in 1942 destroyed George and Rudy O'Dwyer's Original Southport Club, they "moved to the Club Forest at 407 Jefferson Highway and called it O'Dwyer's Club Forest. They operated this club from 1943 to the fall of 1944 when they sold it to the Mills brothers--Henry, Frank and Arthur--Al Schorling and Carlos Marcello, and they changed the name to Original Club Forest."

Images

Map