The Gables

Stop 13 of 14 in the “Old Newcomb”: The First Two Newcomb College Campuses tour

In 1897, Newcomb College was becoming cramped, and President Dixon found himself writing to the President of Tulane. He expressed the need for another dorm to house all the girls and accommodate the growing College.

 In response, the Gables was added to campus by 1900, just behind the Josephine Louise House.

For more information about Newcomb College, please proceed to the last stop on this tour, Bibliography: Newcomb College Washington Avenue Campus and Newcomb College's Original Campus, or take the Newcomb College Broadway Campus Tour.

Images

The Gables.

The Gables.

Image Courtesy of Newcomb College Institute. View File Details Page

The Gables.

The Gables.

Image Courtesy of Newcomb College Institute. View File Details Page

Cite this Page:

Newcomb College Institute , “The Gables,” New Orleans Historical, accessed April 30, 2017, http://neworleanshistorical.org/items/show/345.
comments powered by Disqus

Share this Story