In 1896, Mrs. Newcomb contributed to both a pottery building and an arcade to connect the high school with College Hall.

The girls of Newcomb were thrilled with finally having their "missing link," as they called it, built to unite the buildings, and it quickly became a meeting place for discussions. They even chose to name their College Journal "The Arcade."

Images

Map