The Arcade

Stop 4 of 14 in the “Old Newcomb”: The First Two Newcomb College Campuses tour

In 1896, Mrs. Newcomb contributed to both a pottery building and an arcade to connect the high school with College Hall.

The girls of Newcomb were thrilled with finally having their "missing link," as they called it, built to unite the buildings, and it quickly became a meeting place for discussions. They even chose to name their College Journal "The Arcade."

Images

The Arcade.

The Arcade.

Image Courtesy of Newcomb College Institute. View File Details Page

Cite this Page:

Newcomb College Institute, “The Arcade,” New Orleans Historical, accessed May 26, 2017, http://neworleanshistorical.org/items/show/337.
comments powered by Disqus

Share this Story