The Clio streetcar line opened in 1867 and ended service in 1932. Also known as the "C-L-10," this route once connected the uptown and Marigny (downtown) neighborhoods. The street, accompanied by the other eight muses, intersects a portion of St. Charles Avenue originally named Cours du Nayades in the mid-1800s. The late journalist and historian Charles "Pie" Dufour, in what may have been his last formal interview, explains the nickname for this line.
Recorded in 1993 by Ed Jackson, David Wolf, and Michael Mizell-Nelson.