Warren House

Stop 10 of 11 in the Newcomb College Broadway Campus tour

The construction of Doris Hall was followed in 1928 by the construction of a larger dormitory, Warren Newcomb House.

Warren House is named for the husband of Josephine Louise, and in 1952, an additional wing was successfully added, expanding the dorm to house around 178 students, most of whom were sophomores and juniors.

Warren in presently a coed dorm for sophomores and juniors, and is also home to a handful of freshmen males.


Please proceed to Dixon Hall, campus building numbers 68-70.

Cite this Page:

Newcomb College Institute, Lauren Dean, “Warren House,” New Orleans Historical, accessed June 24, 2017, http://neworleanshistorical.org/items/show/172.
comments powered by Disqus

Share this Story