Popp's Bandstand

Stop 9 of 13 in the City Park tour

John F. Popp was a park visitor with a penchant for classic style architecture and music. He was determined to construct a bandstand for the park that was harmonious with the other newly constructed buildings.

On July 4, 1917, Popp's Bandstand was dedicated during a wartime festival. When musicians were not playing, families would gather to watch the "vitascope," one of the first types of motion picture projectors.

Images

Map