Built in 1912, the Casino was conceived as a combined refreshment stand and administrative center. The upper floor of the Casino once housed the park's administrative offices, and it was used for City Park Improvement Association meetings. Late in the 1900s the second floor was converted into a rental facility for parties. Because of its Spanish Mission Revival design, someone at the time of its creation felt that the building had the look of a Mexican "cantina" or Spanish casino; hence the name.
Renovated in 1999, one year later the casino was renamed the Timken Center.